Monday, June 2, 2014

Roses & Blessing

On Friday, hubby surprised me with 5 roses. . .he said 1 for every week of pregnancy.  How sentimental and amazing is my hubby?  Baby and I are blessed to have him.

Later that evening, we went to Church and had my womb blessed by Fr. Michael.  Hubby loved the prayer which included prayers for our unborn child, me the mother, and hubby the father.  We've also been praying for the baby at mealtime, before bed, and when we have a spare moment.  It's very sweet and loving when hubby leads us in prayer for our baby.  I hope that the baby knows just how much we love him/her already.

We finished off Friday evening by going to a nearby park to listen to a free concert and eat ice cream while laying on the grass.  It's become our little tradition of sorts to kick off the summer.  We looked around at all the children dancing to the music and chasing bubbles. . .realizing that next summer, we would be there with a stroller and a baby in tow.  A scary but exciting thought for the both of us at how our life will change so drastically.

Saturday was a mellow day at home.  Lots of napping, some cleaning, dinner outside, and a quiet night around the fire pit to round out the day.



I've been feeling extra tired and the cramping gets worse at night. . .sometimes keeping me up.  Magically, the cramps lessen once hubby puts his hands on my stomach.  Melts my heart.

Yesterday, we walked around our favorite farmer's market that just opened for the season.  The farmer's market is significant to us for many reasons as it's also the first farmer's market we went to together and where hubby held my hand for the first time.  . .all before we officially started dating.  How dare him! ;)  Brings back lots of great memories.  Afterwards, we came home and had lunch as hubby reminded me that everything I wanted to eat: bacon, hot dogs, kielbasa, etc were off limits because of nitrate.  So it was sausage and eggs for him, none for me.  I had some boiled eggs and I was worried it was a little undercooked.  If pregnancy has taught me anything so far, it's that I can obsess over anything.  I wonder if pregnancy paranoia is common?

We concluded the weekend by going to Church and seeing X-Men with a friend.

A good, relaxing weekend overall. . .O'H how things will change in just 7 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment