Monday, June 30, 2014

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

Why didn't anyone tell me how awful the 1st trimester is?  Why does this feel like some kind of cruel hazing that women keep hush about until someone gets pregnant?

To say I feel sick, awful, tired, nauseous, and fatigued would be the understatement of the year.  I just don't even know who I am right now.  My A-type personality has gone out the window and the laundry is piling up higher than the Rockies.  My mom says I shouldn't complain or even pray for relief since the pregnancy symptoms are included in the gift package called life.  While I agree and feel somewhat guilty about complaining, I just want to feel normal again.

I hate asking my husband to stop the car so I can throw up on the side of the road.  I don't like being able to smell everything like some trained police sniffer dog.  I dislike laying in bed all day and being so unproductive.  I would like to eat something other than saltines and plain soup like some patient recovering from surgery.

Ok, so I had a craving for a cinnamon roll last week and ate this surprise goodness from hubby in 1 bite.

My best day so far was Monday at the baseball game with my husband's co-workers.  Our baby clearly loves baseball as much as we do because mama was feeling good at the game. . .indulging in 9 innings of baseball, salty nachos, and sweet soft serve ice cream.

Baby is a baseball fan already.

Other times, I lay in bed crying to my poor tired husband about what a crappy wife I've been.  He snores through most of my teary apologies and rants but wakes up to hand me tissues and to tell me he would continue to take care of me for 6 months, 60 months, and 60 years.  Did I win the husband lottery or what?

Ok, so I'm complaining a lot.  There are women who pray to get pregnant and would give anything to experience what I'm going through.  There are women who are going through pregnancy alone, without the love and support of a husband like mine.  I will try to offer up my misery and sickness in prayer for these women (when I can remember and not throw myself a pity party).  After all, I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel in just 7 short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment