Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Joy and Sorrow

This past week was filled with joys and sorrows for our family.

Hubby's uncle unexpectedly passed away on Tuesday.  We both traveled to Florida for the wake & funeral.  The trip was full of excitement. . .from running across an airport (albeit small) to make my connecting flight to feeling completely miserable and useless the whole weekend.  The nausea, headache, and fatigue have intensified.  It's become unbearable.

For the last week, I've survived on the following oh so nutritious items:
White bread, peanut butter, unsalted saltines, life savers, gum, ginger ale, & nausea medicine

The plane ride was so uncomfortable.  At one point, I thought I would have to use the barf bag.  The woman sitting next to me must've thought I was a saltine addict they way I was shoving them in my mouth.  I also took the nausea medicine for the first time. . .I've been trying to avoid extra medication but I just couldn't bear the nausea any longer.  This was also the last time I drank ginger ale. . .I now have an aversion to it.

While the family mourned the loss of a beloved uncle/brother/husband, I realized that a person's goodness is highlighted and remembered upon death.  The takeaway for me was that I should focus on the positive light one brings into the world while the person is still alive.


Hubby wanted to announce our pregnancy while we were with family, thinking maybe some good news would ease the pain.  However, the timing never seemed right.  Hubby's plan to make the announcement on Father's Day was quickly shot down so we decided to wait.

We came back home on Father's Day extremely tired ready to crash.  Before heading to bed, I gave hubby his first Father's Day card.


Hubby is such a special man, extremely loving and often misunderstood.  I'm excited to see him as a dad.  He's such a great sport, he'll even wear the sticker I give him after each doctor's appointment. :)
Hubby refused Dory but wore the Nemo sticker with style.

Poor hubby hasn't been feeling well since coming back home.  I think the emotional weekend has taken a toll on his body.  He wants to make sure he doesn't get me or the baby sick so he's been taking extra precaution.

On Monday, we saw our little baby for the 1st time.  I was very emotional and filled with joy.  The tears came out of nowhere when the baby appeared on the screen.  Sweet hubby held my hand throughout the ultrasound.
Baby O'H

Baby's heartbeat was 154bmp and the estimated due date is 1/28/2015.  Oh, and we confirmed that there's just one baby. . .whew~!  Just so happy to get confirmation that the baby is healthy.

O'H life. . .so full of joys and sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment