Friday, June 6, 2014

Weak 6

First bump picture. 
            
In case you couldn't tell, hubby is on the left and I'm on the right.  Why is my bump so big already?!  According to numerous internet sources, the baby is only the size of a sweet pea at this point but I look like I'm carrying a bowling ball!

Week 6 started off quite rocky.  I'm feeling very weak.  The nausea, exhaustion, and headache have taken over my body.  I drank a 2 liter of ginger ale in the past 24 hours.  Yesterday, I had a pickle with my turkey burger and it almost made me gag.  I guess the pickle craving has turned into an aversion.

On Wednesday evening, I went to the bathroom and saw some blood and immediately went into panic mode.  My mind went to the worst case scenario and worry took over as tears flowed down my face.  What if I lost the baby?  What did I do wrong?  Hubby called the nurse's line at the Dr.'s office and the on call Dr. told me to monitor to see if there's any more blood.  The Dr. said that a little spotting can be perfectly normal or a sign of miscarriage or tubal pregnancy.  She said to call back to schedule an appointment if there's any more bleeding but otherwise to keep my regular appointment.  Luckily, I haven't see any more blood since.  Hubby was so comforting and loving through this ordeal, assuring me that he would not be angry if I miscarried.  We have been praying for the baby's health and normal development.  We hope that we can see a strong heartbeat when we go in for our ultrasound.

My thoughtful mother put $100 in my account to buy classical music CDs for baby & me.  So sweet and hilarious at the same time.  Do people buy CDs anymore?  Anyway, I've been listening to classical music when I can. . .how can I ignore my mom's request when she's going out of her way to be a loving grandma?   Baby likes upbeat music I think.  Maybe we'll have a musical prodigy on our hands.  Ha!

Busy weekend ahead.  Baseball game, Church function, and things to get done around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment