Monday, June 23, 2014

Eventful weekend

This weekend was full of excitement.

We finally had our housewarming/blessing on Saturday.  About 50 of our closest friends showed up for the blessing and BBQ.  The weather stayed nice all day even though clouds hovered over our house.  Hubby and I were not feeling 100% but rallied to make the party happen.  There were times I just wanted to cancel but I knew how much hubby was looking forward to finally having people over at our house.  The preparation and party must've taken a toll on my body because Sunday was not a good day for me health wise.

I went to the bathroom on Sunday morning and found blood in my urine.  We called the Dr. on call and she said to keep monitoring but that I didn't need to run to the emergency room since I wasn't feeling any sharp pains or cramps.  We prayed and asked for Mary's intercession.  It was a scary couple of hours.  I slept most of day and then woke up in time for Church.  When I woke up, I felt extremely nauseous and ran to the bathroom, I hovered over the toilet and threw up for the first time.  I haven't had much to eat except some saltines so I'm not sure what it is that came up but I felt terrible.  I still managed to make it to Mass.  I called my OBGYN's office this morning to confirm what the on call Dr told me on Sunday.  The nurse said unless I bleed again or have severe cramps, I don't need to run to the ER.   Poor hubby, feeling sick himself, had to play caregiver again. . .rubbing my back and taking care of me.  Praying that the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful and smooth sailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment