Thursday, May 29, 2014

1st Dr.'s Appointment

Hubby & I went to our first Dr.'s appointment and confirmed my (our?) pregnancy & estimated due date of January 28, 2015.  We caught up with my ob/gyn who is also pregnant and due at the end of June, drew blood, took a urine test, had a routine exam done, and asked lots of questions.  I gained almost 30lbs since the wedding (!!). . .as much as I would love to say that it's baby weight, it's mostly not.  The nurse at one point asked me if I wanted my pre-pregancy weight to be my pre-wedding weight gain weight but alas, I said no (but so tempting!).  Doctor said that the cramps I'm feeling is normal and suggested prenatal vitamins.  After the Dr. left the room, hubby and I hugged and left the room on cloud 9.  We are scheduled for our first ultrasound in 3 weeks. . .really excited to see our baby!

Guess who got a sticker for going to the appointment with me?  :)


We so badly want to tell everyone but, we have decided to wait.  Now we're off to a friend's going away party where we will have to try our hardest to keep a tight lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment