Monday, August 11, 2014

Celebrate!

Lots to celebrate!

Last month, we took a trip down to Florida for hubby's cousin's wedding.  We were so excited to witness the lovely couple exchange vows and celebrate their love.  I'd never been to a semi-Jewish wedding so it was fun to experience everything from the ceremony under the chuppa to chair dance with Israeli music.  Typical hubby, shed a tear or two during the ceremony. . .what can I say?  I have a sensitive man (who isn't afraid to show it).  He was overjoyed to see his cousin get married as she (and probably the rest of the family) had been waiting for a long time to find her love. . .and it was well worth the wait!

Yay, to a new life as a married couple!

When we left for Florida, I was just at the end of my first trimester and still not feeling that well.  In preparation of the nausea, I made sure to pack plenty of saltines, apples, medicine, and sweets.  I made sure I was well medicated & rested during the trip.

My exciting carry on. . .contents to be replaced by diapers & bottles in 2015.

With the exception of smelly towels in the laundry, a boat ride out to the ocean, & the heat during the wedding ceremony (where one of the wedding guests was starring me down while I stuffed my face with saltines), I was feeling better than I had during the previous weeks of the pregnancy.  In fact, towards the end of the trip, I was wondering if the 2nd trimester magic that I heard about was really happening.  Wahoo~!!


Ah~ so relaxing

Of course, the first thing I did went we arrived at home from Florida was throw up. . .actually I didn't even make it into the house.  I threw up a few more times after coming back home and haven't thrown up since last Wednesday.  I'm happy to report that I have been feeling much better, less tired, and not so sensitive to smells.  Now that I'm feeling better, I've been antsy to get out of the house and I think hubby's happy that I've been asking him to go on walks with me.

Date night at the Botanic Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit

Oh, we also started telling our friends about our pregnancy.  Some said they figured since I wasn't drinking and others were surprised.  One of our friends took us out to ice cream & joked about naming the baby after her (luckily, she has a unisex name).

Why does ice cream taste better when you're pregnant?

Two of our friends were due on the 7th.  One of them had a beautiful baby girl yesterday & the other friend is in labor anxiously awaiting the arrival of their baby boy.

From marriage, family, to new life. . .it is an exciting time right now and there's a lot to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment