Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Much to Celebrate

July has been a month of non stop celebrations.

Starting with 4th of July - pig roast, fireworks, friends, parties, & lots of illegal fireworks in our neighborhood.

Concert & fireworks at city/county building

Then off to the Colorado Irish Festival
Outdoor Mass.  Hubs is on left w/the choir (!!!).  
Don't worry, he was just recruited to serve as a Eucharistic Minister

All the celebrations went to my head & I got a little cocky with food.  Oh, don't worry, baby put mama in her place.  I was not able to keep anything down on Sunday.
Plain noodles w/parmesan hubs made me at 11pm
Unfortunately, this also didn't stay in my stomach

Also, what is it about July & hamburgers?  Until the smell of hamburgers started making me queazy, I never really noticed how every party, BBQ, & festivals in July serve burgers.

Doctor advised me to just go ahead and take the nausea medicine on a regular basis to relieve nausea.  Too bad she couldn't tell me when the nausea would stop.  A quick Google search says that it gets better in the 2nd trimester so there is hope.

Yesterday, we went to a going away party where the theme was an imaginary redneck town, Krackerville.  The guest of honor has been creating a silly village full of characters and families, some more offensive, than others for years.  We feasted on the usual Krackerville favorites - alligators (aka chicken), whole pig, etc.  Guests dressed up & played the part of their character.  In Krackerville, Hubs is a used car salesman named Jubal married to me, Cypriana Mae.  Our dear friend is headed off to Boston and his quirkiness will be missed.

A mansion turned into Krackerville for the day

Anxious hubby has been wanting to announce our pregnancy so we created a little announcement to send to family & friends.  He called most of his family & friends.  I haven't mentioned anything to my extended family or friends yet. . .hubby & I agree it's a cultural thing.


We are off to visit hubby's family for a family wedding.  We're excited to see everyone, celebrate with family, & take in some fresh ocean breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment